Monday, March 5, 2007

Destined Destruction: Death, Doom and Despair



Is it not our ultimate destiny to obliterate ourselves as a species? Many would say it is. And those who would say otherwise are simpletons.

Technology is undoubtedly en route to annihilation. One must merely look around to see the vile workings of applied science.

Technology will undoubtedly be our undoing! That is if evolution doesn't undo us first. For, it seems, nature is working, progressing, toward the very same result. Life will seek to reset itself and start anew. But will we humans allow nature to run its course and lead to our destruction? Or will we seek our own means, carve out our own path of doom? Perhaps the continued need for this new technology, innovations beyond reason, beyond imagination, indeed beyond God himself, will lead indubitably to the end game, as it were.

I had pondered this particular philosophical concept all day, and certainly was at the penultimate point of conclusion. But my metaphorical locomotive of mentation was derailed by the conversational interference of the local authorities.

"Excuse me, Momad Aljazeera, the sign says no loitering."

"Officer, I can assure you that loitering I was not. The proof can be found in my own recitation of the ponderings which I only recently exposed. The very essences of nature itself brought about the..."

"You best get on out of here," he lambasted. "Less you be lookin' for trouble?"

"Why certainly, officer. I am but a humble Indian Taxi Driver, formerly a professor in my own country, and I wish not to be a nuisance. Please, permit me to find my companion, my fellow traveller on destiny's interestate, so that the two of us, we, can be on our way."

Oddly, Zane was once again missing. I often find my perimeter devoid of Zane and it causes me worry. Perhaps I am growing too attached, though in a completely heterosexual way. I must remember, remind myself, that Zane is merely a test subject, though it seems he too is my only true friend. And what an abundance of fortune it was to have happened upon him.

If there is a way to stop this destined destruction, then the secret is surely within Zane's biology. He could very well be mankind's only hope.

4 comments:

Sylar said...

srry 2 leave u all alone mohindy. no cause 4 suspicion!

Anonymous said...

Zane was really on American Idol. I think. As Niki.

Er--gotta go. The federales are looking at me funny.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant blog, hahahahaha, I'll be watching you. : )

Damon Dawson said...

LOL hmmmm no follow-up, Mr. Suresh? What the hell, are you dead or something?